McKenzie Clubs were designed to unite students across Jacksonville to serve and care for others through different charity events. This volunteer outreach is specifically aimed towards middle and high school aged students, in order to inspire them to become passionate about helping others realize their potential. We enjoy consistently working with our 9 McKenzie Clubs, and look forward to starting up more in the future.
Being a part of a McKenzie Club is fun and easy!
But above all, it first means pursuing these 3 GOALS:
1. Participating in Random Acts of Kindness, as well as distributing Random Acts of Kindness cards.
2. Being a part of McKenzie Club activities and events. Check out our McKenzie Club Calendar for details!
3. Having one McKenzie Club meeting per month to discuss ways to further volunteer and unite students for a great cause.
So if you’re ready to get started, here are a few steps to follow!
How to start a club at your school or youth group:
1. Call (904) 866-3997 for your start-up kit, as well as Random Acts of Kindness cards to give to your club members.
2. Get a club sponsor.
3. Register with the school—usually, through the Student Government Association.
4. Find a location at school to meet.
5. Recruit club members.
6. Elect officers.
7. Establish a meeting schedule—we suggest meeting once a month.
8. Review club by-laws. Bylaws provide clubs with a “road map” and outline what is expected of club officers and members including club projects.
9. Plan club projects and activities.
10. Begin fundraising for African orphanages, mentoring at McKenzie’s Academic Resource Center (MARC), volunteering at McKenzie’s Run, and collecting donations for our annual book drive.
For more information, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Challenge: Start or Join a McKenzie Club!
Currently, McKenzie Clubs are at the following:
- Bolles High School, Bolles Middle School, Episcopal High School, Ponte Vedra High School, Providence High School, Atlantic Coast High School, Fletcher High School, MARC at Portside, MARC at Countryside